INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name and job title or function.
- Contact information including your email address and phone number.
- Demographic information including your postcode.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Talis Services, including information provided at the time of registering to use Talis Services and when posting material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Talis Services.
- Records of any correspondence that we may have with you.
- Details of your visits to Talis Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, including information about the data that you have opened and read, and your usage of the system.
We may also collect information about your computer or device (including your IP address, operating system and browser type). This is statistical data about your browsing actions and will not usually not identify you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Talis Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- For internal record keeping.
- To ensure and monitor compliance with service standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- To improve our services.
- To notify you about service updates or changes to our service and service status information.
- To customise our services according to your interests.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or, if your access to Talis Services is provided by an organisation that has contracted with us, any contract entered into between that organisation and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
We may periodically contact you to provide you with promotional or other information which we think you may find interesting; and to request for your participation for trial, test or market research purposes.
We may also use information derived from your and other users’ use of Talis Services for any other purpose provided it does not involve disclosing personal data or any other information to a third party that would reasonably allow them to identify or contact you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- If you are provided with access to Talis Services and systems by an organisation that has contracted with us (for example because you are an academic, staff member or student of that organisation), we may share any information that we have about you with the contracting organisation for the purpose of identity verification or otherwise. The use of your information by the contracting institution will be governed by their existing privacy or other relevant policies.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Talis Services.
If we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions of use.
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Company Secretary, Talis Education Ltd, 48 Frederick Street, Birmingham B1 3HN, United Kingdom or email email@example.com.
Our services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or applications of third parties, including our customers, information providers, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or applications, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or applications.