Service schedule – Talis Aspire Digitised Content
This Service Schedule relates to the provision of Talis Aspire Digitised Content under a Master Services Agreement (“MSA”) signed between Talis Education Ltd (“TEL”) and a Customer. The terms and conditions of the MSA apply and terms included below have the same meanings as in the MSA.
- Talis Aspire Digitised Content allows Authorised Users to raise a digitisation request, which can be by one of the following example methods;
- a built-in request form;
- via Talis Aspire Reading Lists (where relevant);
- via API.
- A Digitisation Request is submitted to a validation process known as the Concierge and results of the Concierge are captured in a chronological worklog.
- Following the Concierge stage Talis Aspire Digitised Content allows for uploading of scanned materials, which with a coversheet make up the Digitised Content. The Digitised Content will be stored within the Vault being a built-in repository. The rights granted in clause 4.4 of the Universal Terms and Conditions apply only in so far as the Customer has such rights to grant.
- Delivery of Digitised Content is via the Talis Aspire Digitised Content Player which enables appropriately authenticated users to have access.
- Audit and usage reports can be generated by Talis Aspire Digitised Content.
- A third party service provider monitors and reports on the availability of Talis Aspire Digitised Content. These reports may be accessed at status.talis.com.
- TEL will aim to make the Talis Aspire Digitised Content available (except in the case of scheduled maintenance) more than 99.5% of the time, 24 hours a day. For any calendar month where the measured availability drops to 99.5% or below, TEL will, on written request from the customer, credit the customer’s account with the equivalent of one week’s free service, redeemable against the following year’s annual subscription fees. The maximum amount of free service credit that can be applied in one calendar year under this agreement is 12 weeks. To claim such credit, TEL must receive the written request from the customer within 30 days from the end of the period the claim relates to.
- Service credits cannot be converted to cash payments or brought forward, and if a customer chooses to terminate Talis Aspire Digitised Content before a credit can be applied under this scheme, the credit is lost. TEL will not apply a credit in relation to Talis Aspire Digitised Content availability measured by any other means or mechanism, and this pledge relates to the availability of the Talis Aspire Digitised Content as a whole, not the availability or suitability of specific features of the Talis Aspire Digitised Content.
- Periods of scheduled maintenance are necessary from time to time to ensure continued reliability and maintain the performance of the Talis Aspire Digitised Content. Announcements of any scheduled maintenance will be posted by TEL to Talis Aspire Service Announcements, a forum to which all customers should subscribe for alerts by email (details here). These announcements will be given with at least 48 hours notice before the maintenance is due to commence. Such communication will detail the likely impact and duration of the specific instance of scheduled maintenance.
- Should periods of critical maintenance, such as security patches, be required then TEL reserves the right to undertake this maintenance without advanced notice.