Service schedule – Talis Aspire Reading Lists
This Service Schedule relates to the provision of Talis Aspire Reading Lists under a Master Services Agreement (“MSA”) signed between Talis Education Ltd (“TEL”) and a Customer. The terms and conditions of the MSA apply and terms included below have the same meanings as in the MSA.
- Talis Aspire Reading Lists are those resource list management services as currently described and identified by the domain name campus.talisaspire.com and delivered by the Customer’s URL as agreed in writing with TEL.
- The Customer creates and uploads to Talis Aspire Reading Lists its reading lists. In the uploading process the Customer can opt to mark each reading list with licence terms (Third Party Reading List Licence Terms). These are the licence terms that are relevant as between the Customer and any third party that has access to those reading lists. These Third Party Reading List Licence Terms are not the licence terms that operate as between the TEL and the Customer (“TEL Licence Terms”). The TEL Licence Terms are entered into prior to the Third Party Reading List Licence Terms by clause 4 IPR of the Universal Terms and Conditions of the Master Services Agreement.
- Specific features of Talis Aspire Reading Lists integrates and relies on a number of customer-operated services, such as but not limited to, the institutional identity management and authentication services, the virtual learning environment, the library management system and the student registry system. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure the continued operation of these systems, and TEL cannot be held responsible for any damages or claims that arise from their unavailability.
- A third party service provider monitors and reports on the availability of Talis Aspire Reading Lists. These reports may be accessed at support.talisaspire.com/entries/405183-service-status.
- TEL will aim to make the Talis Aspire Reading Lists available (except in the case of scheduled maintenance) more than 99.5% of the time, 24 hours a day. For any calendar month where the measured availability drops to 99.5% or below, TEL will, on written request from the customer, credit the customer’s account with the equivalent of one week’s free service, redeemable against the following year’s annual subscription fees. The maximum amount of free service credit that can be applied in one calendar year under this agreement is 12 weeks. To claim such credit, TEL must receive the written request from the customer within 30 days from the end of the period the claim relates to.
- Service credits cannot be converted to cash payments or brought forward, and if a customer chooses to terminate Talis Aspire Reading Lists before a credit can be applied under this scheme, the credit is lost. TEL will not apply a credit in relation to Talis Aspire Reading Lists availability measured by any other means or mechanism, and this pledge relates to the availability of the Talis Aspire Reading Lists as a whole, not the availability or suitability of specific features of the Talis Aspire Reading Lists.
- Periods of scheduled maintenance are necessary from time to time to ensure continued reliability and maintain the performance of the Talis Aspire Reading Lists. Announcements of any scheduled maintenance will be posted by TEL to Talis Aspire Service Announcements, a forum to which all customers should subscribe for alerts by email (details here). These announcements will be given with at least 48 hours notice before the maintenance is due to commence. Such communication will detail the likely impact and duration of the specific instance of scheduled maintenance.
- Should periods of critical maintenance, such as security patches, be required then TEL reserves the right to undertake this maintenance without advanced notice.