Attending Talis Insight
You’ve registered for Talis Insight Europe 2016 and planned how you are getting to Birmingham – now what? Here’s our guide on preparing for Insight with tips on how you can make the most out of the event.
Find some useful resources on attending events and on Talis Insight on this reading list.
Before you arrive
- Take a look at the agenda. We are running sessions in tracks to ensure that everyone gets to be involved in a session that is interesting and useful to them. It can help to have a rough idea of what you what like to attend before you arrive. It may be the case that there are two sessions running at once that you would like to attend. If you are able to, split the sessions between you and a colleague and make notes and ask any questions on their behalf.
- Let’s catch up – Talis Insight is a good chance to meet with the team to discuss any issues, or just to have a chat! If you’d like to 1-2-1 time with your account manager, the services or consultancy team or would like to meet with one of the sales team, send us an email so we can put you in touch with the right person before the event.
- Plan your stay – have you got your accommodation and travel sorted? There is more information on the attendee pack, so check there for local hotels and how to get to the venue.
- Stay for dinner? We are hosting the Talis Awards Dinner on day one of Talis Insight Europe 2016 at 7pm onwards at the Hyatt hotel (just over the road from The REP). Join us for a drinks reception and a three-course meal with entertainment from band 4oz of Groove as we announce the winners of the Talis Awards. This is free for all attendees, find out more here.
On the day
- Check out the hashtag #TalisInsight and join in the conversation. We will be posting additional content throughout the event and would love to hear your thoughts too. Send us photos, questions and thoughts on the presentations. There will be prizes for the most interesting tweets!
- Scan the attendee list – it’s great when there is an opportunity to network with peers outside of your own institution, so take a moment to read through the attendee list to see if there is anyone that you’d like to catch up with.
- Come along to the Talis stand – members of the Services team will be at the Talis stand throughout the event. Please come and ask any questions on either the event itself or specific questions to your university, or just take the opportunity to say hi to us and let us know how you are getting on!
After the event
- Make sure to check back on Talis.com after Insight to see photos, videos and slides from the event. We will be covering many of the sessions on our blog, to give you a recap, or so that you can watch anything you’ve missed.
Did you have any unanswered questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org