The 39th Annual UKSG conference is taking place next week and a few members of the Talis team will be there!
The conference is a major event in the scholarly communications calendar and attracts over 900 delegates each year from around the world – librarians, publishers, content providers, consultants and intermediaries. The conference combines high-quality plenary presentations, lightning talks and breakout sessions with entertaining social events and a major trade exhibition.
The conference takes place on the 11–13 April 2016 at BIC, Bournemouth. We are looking forward to hear from speakers from SCONUL and JISC and also from speakers from the Talis Aspire community on a range of interesting topics:
- Sarah Pittaway, University of Worcester: Engaging students, shaping services: the changing face of student engagement at The Hive
- Sarah Bull, University of Birmingham and Sarah Roughley, University of Liverpool: Students, customers or partners? Ensuring the student voice is heard through effective market research
- Tif Dickinson, Plymouth University and Dominic Broadhurst, University of Manchester: eTextbooks for everyone: University of Manchester and Plymouth University address the eTextbook model
- Suzanne Tatham, University of Sussex: Search and discovery: defining user behaviour
- Kate Price, King’s College London: Meet the new professionals
- Nick Woolley, Northumbria University, Rachel Kirkwood, University of Manchester Library, Laura Shanahan, University of Edinburgh: Collection development in a world without subject librarians
- Dom Benson, Brunel University London: Discovery and linking integrity – do we need to talk about KEV?
We also look forward to dropping by our partners’ stands:
- Askews and Holts – stand 62
- CLA (Copyright Licensing Agency) – stand 51
- British Library – stand 1
- Dawson Books – stand 101
- Proquest – stand 4 & 5
Paul Dibble, Mark Bush and John Lenton from Talis will be there, so make sure to drop by stand 91 to say hi. If you’d like a longer chat, please email email@example.com